How to Apply
- Be referred to the Society by a community based social worker.
- Be born in the United Kingdom or one of the Commonwealth nations and/or be a first degree relative (son or daughter) of a mother or father born in the United Kingdom or Commonwealth nations.
- Be over 65 years old.
- Be legally in the United States.
- Be able to provide proof of British or Commonwealth heritage. (Passport, birth certificate, green card).
- Have a genuine need for assistance.
- Agree to a home visit by the Society’s social workers.
- Be enrolled at Lehman College
- Be referred by the Lehman College Financial Aid office
- Have completed three years of course work
- Have maintained a 3.0 GPA
- Be from the UK or a Commonwealth country
St. George’s Society of New York is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization. Tax ID: 23-7426425